On Fountain Pens - Part 3 - The Schneider ID

Some fountain pen opinions


The Schneider ID, lemon accents - Left-handed pen

Hum, what can I say about this pen.... The cap is huge and rather unpractical. I have a love-hate thing going on with this pen. Another cap designed for Mars by Martians? On Earth, I am not so sure how to use it...

This pen seems to be made to hang around your neck. There is a small loop on the clip that, I gather, is to be used to hang the pen from a lanyard or something.... The problem is, this loop-hole is very small so to pass anything through that hole is not an easy thing  - If that was the intention that is...When the pen is held from the cap, the pen actually wiggles inside the cap... follow? Very odd. I figured it was a shock proofing system or poor design?.... Hum, mystery. At any rate, the pen itself is pretty nice and so is the nib. I little dry at first tough, still is a bit, but produces a line with some character. I am left-handed. This pen pen is for lefties... Feels ok, nothing special. BTW, there are a lot of myth about using fountain pens with the left hand, I have not found it difficult.

Anyway, if you can adjust to that CAP... it's a pretty good pen with a nib design reminiscent of Lamy's. Very similar feel. That clip (and cap) is the weirdest thing I have ever seen, and remains to be explained to me.







Comments

Popular Posts